I am a complete sucker for Fall fashion. Although I do enjoy the brighter colours, simpler silhouettes and lighter fabrics of summer, I can’t help but find myself in the middle of August, yearning for chunky knit sweaters, cozy scarves, and, of course, Fall shoes. While I can appreciate a great sandal or flirty peeptoe, I can’t deny that I am really all about that bootie (did you enjoy my shameless wordplay?).
As someone who is currently in University and working part-time, I know that although my taste may be Chanel, my bank account and budget are not yet aligned with my wardrobe aspirations. I have a genuine love for beautiful design and quality craftsmanship and so I have honed the art of searching for and finding beautiful items for a tenth of the price of the couture pieces that I covet. Although I do believe that exquisitely made shoes are worth investing in (cheap shoes that fall apart in a few months are, in the long run, a lot more costly than the handcrafted leather oxfords that may seem so expensive at first glance), it is possible to find beautifully made, runway worth footwear at an affordable price. One just has to do a little bit of digging. With this in mind, I did a little bit of digging and found eight stunning boots all priced under two hundred dollars. It may be a cliche, but shoes really do make an outfit and quality should not necessarily be synonymous with expensive. In fact, the friendly price tag will make the shoes that much cuter and the leather (or polyeurethane) smell even more heady and fragrant. Shoe shopping is a such an indulgent experience and while I still love me a buttery, sinewy pair of Louboutins, it is even better without the guilt and financial hangover.
- 424 Fifth Fanders Suede Lace Up Peep-toe Ankle Boots – $185
- Steve Madden “Noola” Pumps – $170
- Kristin Cavallari by Chinese Laundry Larissa Quilted Stiletto Bootie – $100
- Aldo Acigolla Boots – $92
- Annie Y MEI-07 Open Toe Chic Hollow Out Platform Stiletto Heels – $62
- AllhqFashion Round Closed Toe Sheepskin High Heels Solid Pumps with Zippers – $53
- SheIn (sheinside) Black Zipper Point Toe High Heel Shoes – $44
- Nasty Dress Stylish Hollow Out and Peep Toe Design Stiletto Heel – $42